Residing your home is no small endeavor, but if you go in knowing what to expect, it can make things much easier. If you’ve been looking at your siding and noticing that its age is starting to show, then this blog will help you understand the next steps in the process. Keep on reading to learn more about what to do when it’s time for new siding on your home.
A Guide to Residing Your Home from Schaefer Siding and Exteriors
Determine whether your siding needs to be repaired or replaced.
If damage is localized, you may only need to repair that part of the siding. But if the damage is widespread, it’s more likely that you’ll have to reside the entire home. There are a number of signs that your siding may need to be replaced. These include:
- Visible damage or dents
- Missing siding panels
- Loose panels
- Visible moisture/water damage underneath the siding
- Faded appearance
- Melted siding
Find a siding installation contractor.
Now it’s time to find a siding contractor and work with them to determine what kind of siding will be best for your home. So what are some of the things you should look for when choosing a siding installation contractor?
- Experience – do some research into their track record and ask to see proof of certifications.
- Relationships with top manufacturers in order to bring you the best products.
- Relationships with customers – ask the contractor for a list of references from recent projects. Satisfied customers are always a great sign.
- Established – make sure the contract is licensed, insured, and works out of an established office.
Schaefer Siding and Exteriors has been installing siding for nearly 40 years. We partner with well-known siding manufactuers including James Hardie and CertainTeed, to bring you the best in fiber cement, vinyl, and insulated siding.
Reside Your Home with Schaefer Siding and Exteriors
To learn more about residing your home, talk to Schaefer Siding and Exteriors. We’ve been installing new siding in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and Pennyslvania for nearly 40 years, since 1977. We’re certified by the Vinyl Siding Institute, and we’re also a CertainTeed 5-Star Rated Contractor for siding installation. Contact us today at 410-781-4028 or email us. You can also visit our website for more information.