Did you know that if a shingle roof system meets the necessary requirements, it will qualify as a CertainTeed Integrity Roof System. Getting your roof system to qualify as an Integrity Roof System has a number of benefits, including improved performance and an upgrade to the SureStart PLUS warranty. Learn more about the advantages of getting your new roof to qualify as an Integrity Roof System, and what the requirements are for doing so, below.
Shingle Roof System Qualifying as a CertainTeed Integrity Roof System
What are the advantages of qualifying for a CertainTeed Integrity Roof System?
When a roof’s components are installed as a proven system, the result is a roof that performs better and has a longer lifespan. The Integrity Roof System was developed by CertainTeed in order to be a complete roofing solution.
SureStart PLUS Warranty
The CertainTeed SureStart warranty already gives you superior protection for your new roof. But when you hire a qualified contractor to install your shingle roof system as a CertainTeed Integrity Roof system, you become eligible for an upgrade to the SureStart PLUS warranty, with even more coverage. Learn more in our blog.
How to get a shingle roof system to qualify as an Integrity Roof System for SureStart PLUS
Per CertainTeed, all of the following conditions must be met in order for a new roof to qualify as an Integrity Roof System:
- CertainTeed products must be installed in accordance with the CertainTeed Shingle Applicator’s Manual over a clean, dry deck.
- No lay-overs or roof-overs.
- Must be performed by a Master Shingle Applicator
WinterGuard is required:
- At the eaves is local building codes require it, or if the house is in a snow zone.
- At all roof openetrations.
- As a valley liner for closed or woven valleys.
- Recommended as a valley liner for open valleys, otherwise, open valleys must be installed in accordance with NRCA Roofing Manual specifications.
- Must use CertainTeed Roofers’ Select, DiamondDeck, RoofWrap, or ShingleFelt
- If these products are not available, underlayment must meet one of the following standards of performance: ASTM D4869, ASTM D226 (non-perforated), or ASTM D6757.
- Needs to be CertainTeed pre-cut starter or made from CertainTeed shingles.
- Must be CertainTeed.
- Must have warranty of at least 25 years.
Hip and Ridge Caps
- Must be CertainTeed pre-cut hip and ridge accessory, or made from CertainTeed shingles.
- Must be installed to meet model code requirements or building code standards.
- Must have adequate intake and exhaust vents.
- Ruidge ventilation devices must be CertainTeed Ridge or Rolled Ridge Vents.
To learn more about the CertainTeed Integrity Roof System, contact Schaefer Siding and Exteriors today. We’ve been installing roofing in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Delaware for nearly 40 years, since 1977. We’re a CertainTeed 4-Star Contractor for roofing, as well as a certified ShingleMaster. Contact us today at 410-781-4028 or email us. You can also visit our website for more information. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.